Skip to main content

Morning Vibes With Dr Jerry - The First-Episode 53






Friday         27th October 2017

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First

Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 53

Title:          Stop Whining, Man Up!!

Have you ever been in the company of someone whose major stock in trade is "whining"? oh dear, you would wish to be transported out of his or her presence by an unseen private jet. The other day, I was in the company of one. I didn't even know he was to be my seat neighbour because he started his whining right from the departure hall, nothing was right, the workers were sloppy, the security men was distracted, some girls were dressed to kill and then they complain of being raped; on and on  he went. I was seated first and then came the other seat neighbour, and then the man. As soon as he sat down and fastened his seat belt, he introduced himself to me and as courtesy would demand, I also introduced myself to him; and because I was already conscious that he was the grumbling type, I set my antenna at high alert, to douse whatever he would want to talk about before it turns into a major topic for whining but was I wrong, oh yes, because he caught me off guard despite that I was on high alert, he pretended to be discussing the weather - the sunny, the high and the low e.t.c and then suddenly he veered off into the topic of Nigeria's Economic Weather lol!! He said that Nigeria is all but dead now and I was like if Nigeria is dead why are we still living in it? he asked if I have not heard of the living dead before, I said I had but that they still lived in a "living Country" he then went to town to talk on how the economy has been killed by its managers, how they have refused to diversify the economy and made it 98% dependent on oil, how oil will soon finish and then Nigeria will finish, how the Niger Delta region that is the goose laying the golden egg has suffered from severe deprivation and environmental pollution and how successive governments have played politics with cleaning up the region, you won't believe that for more than 30 minutes, his voice was still speaking, I thought to myself that the man must love hearing the sound of his voice and so when he took a breath, I quickly chipped in, "and what is your stake in all these? I asked him. then came the answer I knew was going to come; what should be my stake? I am just a citizen, I am not in Government and infact they won't even give people like us political appointments because we do not fit into their rabble rouser mode. I reminded him that citizens too have roles to play in good governance, and he was quick to answer me that those in government keep the citizens mesmerized by poverty that they hardly are able to play any roles at all and fortunately we were on the ground and I had to "escape" from his company to take a breath of fresh air. But seriously, though whining is part of human nature, I mean who would come out clean and say s/he has never whined? but does it stop at that? what are you doing about that for which you constantly and persistently whine about? It's not just enough to point out what is wrong, it's not enough to point accusing fingers, it's not enough to tell the world where the man who is working has erred, what is your contribution? if you have a superior argument, why not present it and then watch whether it can be accepted or not? The times we are in now call for seriousness. If you have nothing to do about a situation, then keep quiet, but if you have a solution, stop whining and just man it up. Be the man or woman you ought to be.

Until I come your way again, this is #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst

Keep it coming!!!

Like us on Facebook  and follow our broadcasts there


#DrJTF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 197/Reminders To Help You Change The Way You Think

Thursday                       29th March 2018 Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 197 Title:          These Reminders Will Cause A Change In The Way You Think There was this Lady who was devastated by the death of her husband, but what she did not know was that her husband had willed out his heart to whoever may be needing it and that heart was transplanted to some other man that was dying from heart disease. It healed him. One morning, having made every effort to locate the house of the widow of his heart donor, the man took his family (wife and 3 kids) to visit her. She never knew them from Adam but when he told her that it was her husband's heart that is beating in his chest, the woman was flabbergasted and she confessed that she did not know that her husband's heart was removed She welcomed them and told them that up until that moment, she had been very bitter wi

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 295/Do You Want To Be Rich?

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 295 Title:           Do You Want To Be Rich? - Master These 7 Lessons On Getting Rich After seeing the recommendation to read the book, The Richest  Man In Babylon by George S. Clason, for likely the hundredth  time, I finally did it. Now I wonder what took me so long! So now I make the recommendation to you. If you have not read this book, don't wait. It is easy to read and the insights on wealth, business, work, and life are invaluable.  You can download a copy for free:  The Richest Man In Babylon The book outlines a 7 step repeatable process, that anyone can  learn and follow to build wealth. Here's a brief overview of the lessons shared:  7 Lessons On Getting Rich  1. " Start thy purse to fattening."  Pay yourself first.  2. "Control thy expenditures."  Live wit

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 254/These 55 Quotes Will Keep You A Head Ahead Of Others

Saturday                        26th May 2018 Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 254 Title:           These 55 Quotes Will Keep You A Head Ahead Of Others   “Those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” – attributed to Dr. Seuss and FDR presidential advisor Bernard Baruch “There’s no right way to do the wrong thing” – Unknown. “If you don’t ask, the answer’s always no” – Pat Croce “I can play the music, but I can’t make everybody dance.” “I like to read the actual papers because you see stuff you’re not looking for. “ Mayor Bloomberg “Most people are going to swear by you, some are going to swear at you.” – Steve’s dad “Be more concerned with your character than what you’re doing.” – John Wooden When Steve Cohen was asked "why he wanted to get into television?" he answered “The gum was losing its flavor.” – Steve Cohen Talking