Skip to main content

Morning Vibes With Dr Jerry The First-Episode 105/That Old Story Has Expired





Monday  18th December 2017

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First

Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 105

Title:          That Old Story Has Expired!!!!

Well, looks like I have a knack for "disturbing" people and making them tell me their stories. One day soon, I shall disturb you (lolz) but seriously, you need to listen and hear people's life stories to appreciate where you are right now. And so it was that just the other day, I ran into this man who was literally boxing the air as he was walking along the road (and what a busy road it was); I instinctively felt drawn to him because growing up, I was in that habit of "boxing my existing and nonexistent enemies into coma with a TKO". I approached him and stopped him, he willingly stopped, and I said to him "I know you have imaginary enemies, fears, obstacles, challenges and even foes (by the way what's the difference between enemies and foes?) and you talk to yourself while walking and try to box them out of your pathway, I am willing to listen to you and help you fight them to a stop" I was surprised at the response I got from him. With a little drop of tear from his eyes, he told me that this was the first time in his life that someone was taking interest in knowing what his issues are and a complete stranger for that matter, he asked if he could trust me and I told him yes right away. Do you have an office he asked me? yes I do I replied but it is a bit far off from where we are and since there was a "Mama Put" close by, I asked him if he was hungry he nodded his head, and so we sat down at the eating place and while he ate, he told me his story. I won't bore you with the long story but the summary of it is that "he is a failed man" He was born into a poor home, the 1st of 7 children, he has made various attempts at living a meaningful life but it has always eluded him, he failed as a Tailor, he failed as a Petty Trader (Provisions selling), he did not know when he expended his capital; he learnt driving but could not sustain commercial driving because he was always not able to return the agreed sum as and at when due. At 47 years of age, he was unmarried, and he has been forced to live with poverty much to his own dislike. And as I saw him "boxing the air", he was just coming out from a Pastor's Consultation Room and the man of God told him that it is the witches and wizards in his village that are troubling him and that he needs to prepare for Family and Compound Deliverance before he can get himself and so he is now worried as to how to get the amount of money the Pastor told him to bring. Well, I told him that all men are failed men; how do I mean? no man is an expert in everything, there are areas of our lives that we are small at and there are other areas of our lives that we are big at; in those areas we are small at, we have failed in them; however no man is a total failure except of course he has decided to "die while alive" and just waiting for burial. A failure is no failure if he in failing sees it as another lesson to learn on the pathway to success. I told him that witches and wizards and other principalities do exist no doubt but that if we practice higher discernment or present mindfulness, they will not have authority over us and finally I told him that the story of his birth is in the past and he should stop living there, that he needs to live in the present and be alive in it, so if he continues to live in his past (in his mind that is), he would only be using those unsavoury conditions, the pervading poverty, failures, missed opportunities, e.t.c. as excuses to justify his present condition. I reminded him of the story of the prodigal son and that particular phrase I love so much in that story which states "when he came to himself" meaning when he took a hard look at himself to realize whose son he was, he was startled to think that he had been wasting his life away and eating food meant for pigs when servants in his father's house were taken care off far better than he had ever been treated. I asked this man to take a hard look at himself and renew his mind so that he can take off again because it is never too late to start all over again if one has to. Millions of people have attested to the truism of this statement. His countenance was changed, he smiled for the first time since we met, shook my hand very profusely, asked for my contact which I gave him and he left. Since then, my phone has not rested, but I am happy helping just one more person to get a head on in life. How about you? Do you have an old story which is still breathing in you? To move ahead in life and to the new future, you simply have to give up your old story. Say goodbye to your excuses, your justifications, your rationalizations, your pontifications, your postulations and your procrastination. And do that TODAY

Until I come your way again, this is #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst

Keep it coming!!!

Like us on Facebook  and follow our broadcasts there

#DrJTF

PS:
This Program is powered by Topitup Media & Communication Nigeria.

Any and all rights are hereby reserved (c) 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 197/Reminders To Help You Change The Way You Think

Thursday                       29th March 2018 Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 197 Title:          These Reminders Will Cause A Change In The Way You Think There was this Lady who was devastated by the death of her husband, but what she did not know was that her husband had willed out his heart to whoever may be needing it and that heart was transplanted to some other man that was dying from heart disease. It healed him. One morning, having made every effort to locate the house of the widow of his heart donor, the man took his family (wife and 3 kids) to visit her. She never knew them from Adam but when he told her that it was her husband's heart that is beating in his chest, the woman was flabbergasted and she confessed that she did not know that her husband's heart was removed She welcomed them and told them that up until that moment, she had been very bitter wi

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 295/Do You Want To Be Rich?

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 295 Title:           Do You Want To Be Rich? - Master These 7 Lessons On Getting Rich After seeing the recommendation to read the book, The Richest  Man In Babylon by George S. Clason, for likely the hundredth  time, I finally did it. Now I wonder what took me so long! So now I make the recommendation to you. If you have not read this book, don't wait. It is easy to read and the insights on wealth, business, work, and life are invaluable.  You can download a copy for free:  The Richest Man In Babylon The book outlines a 7 step repeatable process, that anyone can  learn and follow to build wealth. Here's a brief overview of the lessons shared:  7 Lessons On Getting Rich  1. " Start thy purse to fattening."  Pay yourself first.  2. "Control thy expenditures."  Live wit

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 254/These 55 Quotes Will Keep You A Head Ahead Of Others

Saturday                        26th May 2018 Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 254 Title:           These 55 Quotes Will Keep You A Head Ahead Of Others   “Those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” – attributed to Dr. Seuss and FDR presidential advisor Bernard Baruch “There’s no right way to do the wrong thing” – Unknown. “If you don’t ask, the answer’s always no” – Pat Croce “I can play the music, but I can’t make everybody dance.” “I like to read the actual papers because you see stuff you’re not looking for. “ Mayor Bloomberg “Most people are going to swear by you, some are going to swear at you.” – Steve’s dad “Be more concerned with your character than what you’re doing.” – John Wooden When Steve Cohen was asked "why he wanted to get into television?" he answered “The gum was losing its flavor.” – Steve Cohen Talking