Skip to main content

Morning Vibes With Dr Jerry - The First-Episode 109/Please Change Your Narrative, Will You?





Friday  22nd December 2017

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First

Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 108

Title:          Please Change Your Narrative, Will You?

We all like stories don't we? We all like to be entertained and that is why the Entertainment Industry has received such a big boost in the last 2 decades or so. There are stories that really make us "wow" and laugh our hearts out (which is a good medicine anyways) and there are some that bring us close to tears (speaking literally). From a very long distance, I can smell a story that is meant to elicit pity and sympathy and I make great efforts to do a detour but this time, I was just caught unawares. I didn't realize that the narrative was going to make me turn the "upper lip" but it did. Just the other day, I was stuck in a long queue to get fuel for use (no thanks to the Nigerian Ministers of Petroleum) and then a young guy, in his early 30s walked up to me; greeted and then was about to prostrate (right there on the bare ground), I restrained him from so doing and asked him what I can do for him. He immediately launched into what may have been a prepared speech even though he was not reading from any paper but I guess he had it all by rote. He told me how he has suffered since he came to Abuja and how even his Pastor cannot help him. I asked him if he knew me before now (then) he replied in the negative, so I asked him what made him think I could help him if his own Pastor that he pays tithe to cannot help him, he said that the Spirit of God directed him to me (I told him that I was going to test that Spirit to know if truly it was from God since many spirits have entered the world). How long have you been in Abuja I asked him? 10 years he replied. What did you bring to Abuja - skillset? Certificate? Trade? Business? Said he came with SSS 3 Result with incomplete papers. What have you done in the past 10 years to improve yourself in Abuja I asked him? Nothing he replied; And why? I asked, because "I have not even found enough resources to survive on daily basis not to talk of getting involved in learning" he replied. If Abuja has not treated you well these past 10 years, why are you still in Abuja? I asked him; He gave no reply. How often do you tell this story? Not very often Sir, he replied, it depends on where I am and who I am seeing he continued. Then I looked him straight into his eyes (eye ball to eye ball) and advised him to change his narrative. I told him that "victim-hood" is a state that all of us can decide to enter and be content there because it provides us with a comfort zone, a zone where we value pity and sympathy more than action. I told him that for every self-made victim, there is another who has extricated himself from that status of self-pity. I told him that nobody owes him anything and the earlier he begins to take control of his life, the better for him. He thanked me severally but still couldn't find the feet to continue his strolling until the line started moving and I had to "jump" into the car to move it along and then he left. Are you in that Class of those who go around narrating how life had dealt a big blow on them? Change that narrative today, it is not doing you any good. If you accept that life has dealt you a big blow and then you are there on the floor and don't want to stand up and fight again, you are simply wasting your time. Life has no room for weaklings and ducklings. When life deals you a blow, even if you fall, stand up right away and also deal her a blow; she loves it that way.

Until I come your way again, this is #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst

Keep it coming!!!

Like us on Facebook  and follow our broadcasts there

#DrJTF

PS:
This Program is powered by Topitup Media & Communication Nigeria.

Any and all rights are hereby reserved (c) 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 197/Reminders To Help You Change The Way You Think

Thursday                       29th March 2018 Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 197 Title:          These Reminders Will Cause A Change In The Way You Think There was this Lady who was devastated by the death of her husband, but what she did not know was that her husband had willed out his heart to whoever may be needing it and that heart was transplanted to some other man that was dying from heart disease. It healed him. One morning, having made every effort to locate the house of the widow of his heart donor, the man took his family (wife and 3 kids) to visit her. She never knew them from Adam but when he told her that it was her husband's heart that is beating in his chest, the woman was flabbergasted and she confessed that she did not know that her husband's heart was removed She welcomed them and told them that up until that moment, she had been very bitter wi

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 295/Do You Want To Be Rich?

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 295 Title:           Do You Want To Be Rich? - Master These 7 Lessons On Getting Rich After seeing the recommendation to read the book, The Richest  Man In Babylon by George S. Clason, for likely the hundredth  time, I finally did it. Now I wonder what took me so long! So now I make the recommendation to you. If you have not read this book, don't wait. It is easy to read and the insights on wealth, business, work, and life are invaluable.  You can download a copy for free:  The Richest Man In Babylon The book outlines a 7 step repeatable process, that anyone can  learn and follow to build wealth. Here's a brief overview of the lessons shared:  7 Lessons On Getting Rich  1. " Start thy purse to fattening."  Pay yourself first.  2. "Control thy expenditures."  Live wit

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 254/These 55 Quotes Will Keep You A Head Ahead Of Others

Saturday                        26th May 2018 Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 254 Title:           These 55 Quotes Will Keep You A Head Ahead Of Others   “Those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” – attributed to Dr. Seuss and FDR presidential advisor Bernard Baruch “There’s no right way to do the wrong thing” – Unknown. “If you don’t ask, the answer’s always no” – Pat Croce “I can play the music, but I can’t make everybody dance.” “I like to read the actual papers because you see stuff you’re not looking for. “ Mayor Bloomberg “Most people are going to swear by you, some are going to swear at you.” – Steve’s dad “Be more concerned with your character than what you’re doing.” – John Wooden When Steve Cohen was asked "why he wanted to get into television?" he answered “The gum was losing its flavor.” – Steve Cohen Talking