Skip to main content

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 255/OPEN WHEN ...








Sunday                          27th May 2018

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First

Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 255

Title:          OPEN WHEN ... You Need to Breathe, Reset, and Carry On

Once again I am breaking ranks with myself to bring you another text published verbatim in the writing of the author.

It is a must read story that will definitely get you learn something new.

Here's the story

"Dear reader,

My daughter Natalie gives from the heart. One of the most meaningful gifts she gave was a basket containing a few of her friend’s favorite things. But among the lip balm, candy, and fluffy socks, there were four envelopes. The directions written on the front of the envelopes made me take pause.

“Open when you need some extra strength”
“Open when you’re sad”
“Open when your heart gets broken”
“Open when you get a bad grade”

“What’s inside the envelopes?” I asked her that day.

“A few messages,” she said as she hugged the basket to her chest and headed to the door. “Just some words to help my friend through situations that might come up.”

‘Just’ words to carry her through.

There was nothing ‘just’ about that.

Barely into her teens, this child got it—she got the point. I live each day of my life desperately wanting to get it too. But so often I fall short—especially during chaotic, busy times like the end of the school year. I get caught up in what’s on the outside—the tasks, the schedule, and how it LOOKS. I forget about what’s underneath—the memories, the connections, and how it FEELS.

But the fact that another school year just came and went, reminds me I don’t want to miss the point this summer. Perhaps you don’t either. Something that is helping me is the book Getting Back To Happy by Marc and Angel Chernoff. The other day, I noticed that I’ve been taking it with me whenever I go somewhere. When I have a moment of wait time, I open the book. It doesn’t matter if I read two paragraphs, two pages, or two chapters, I feel my breathing steady; I feel less anxious about the unknowns; I feel certain I am right where I need to be. I think it is because the book is filled with small steps one can take to get unstuck … to see a different perspective … to forge a new path. I am a big believer in the power of small steps to get closer to a life of joy, purpose, and meaning. This book has become my OPEN WHEN ... I need fuel to carry on.

Late last night, I got out colorful slips of paper and wrote down a few of my favorite small-step wisdoms from Marc and Angel’s book. My children are both embarking on new schools, new territories, new people, new pressures, new paths. When they notice the angst, I want them to have a supply of OPEN WHEN fuel to breathe, reset, and carry on.

These are openings – openings to breathe, live, and love—openings to help us not miss the point today or in the days ahead. I am grateful Marc and Angel gave me permission to share them with you today.

Open when … you feel behind or inadequate:

“It’s not too late. You aren’t behind. You’re exactly where you need to be. Every step is necessary. Don’t judge or berate yourself for how long your journey is taking. We all need our own time to travel our own distance. Give yourself credit. And be thankful you made it this far.”

Open when … you need perspective:

Ten years from now it won’t really matter what shoes you wore today, how your hair looked, or what brand of clothes you wore. What will matter is how you lived, how you loved, and what you learned along the way.”

Open when … you can’t get rid of negative thoughts:

“The goal is not to get rid of all your negative thoughts and feelings; that’s impossible. The goal is to change your response to them.”

Open when … you are tired of struggling:

“As you struggle, remember, it’s far better to be exhausted from lots of effort and learning, that to be tired of doing absolutely nothing.”

Open when … you make a mistake:

“You can disappoint people and still be good enough. You can fail and still be smart, capable, and talented. You can let people down and still be worthwhile and deserving of love and admiration. We all make mistakes sometimes. Take a deep breath. You are allowed to be human.”

Open when … you need courage to take the next step:

“We waste our time waiting for the ideal path to appear. But it never does. Because we forget that paths are made by walking, not waiting, and no, you shouldn't feel more confident before you take the next step. Taking the next step is what builds confidence.”

Open when … you need to surrender control:

“Happiness is letting go of what you assume your life is supposed to look like right now, and sincerely appreciating it for everything that it is. So, relax. You are enough. You have enough. You do enough. Breathe deep … let go, and just live right now in the moment.”

Open when … you need to remember the power of love:

“No matter what happens, be good to the people around you. Being good to people is a peaceful way to live, and a beautiful legacy to live.”

When I read the words on the pages of that book, I feel like I’m having an enlightening heart-to-heart conversation with wise and loving mentors. Through relatable stories and practical strategies, Marc and Angel lay out the small step process that allowed them to move from despair and desolation to hope and positivity. GETTING BACK TO HAPPY is much more than one couple’s journey from rock bottom; it is a familiar hand in the darkness, leading you to the light of possibility and hope that’s been within you all along.

Only Love Today

Until I come your way again, this is #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst

Keep it coming!!!

Like us on Facebook  and follow our broadcasts there

#DrJTF

PS:
This Program is powered by Topitup Media & Communication Nigeria.
All rights Reserved (c) 2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 197/Reminders To Help You Change The Way You Think

Thursday                       29th March 2018 Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 197 Title:          These Reminders Will Cause A Change In The Way You Think There was this Lady who was devastated by the death of her husband, but what she did not know was that her husband had willed out his heart to whoever may be needing it and that heart was transplanted to some other man that was dying from heart disease. It healed him. One morning, having made every effort to locate the house of the widow of his heart donor, the man took his family (wife and 3 kids) to visit her. She never knew them from Adam but when he told her that it was her husband's heart that is beating in his chest, the woman was flabbergasted and she confessed that she did not know that her husband's heart was removed She welcomed them and told them that up until that moment, she had been very bitter wi

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 295/Do You Want To Be Rich?

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 295 Title:           Do You Want To Be Rich? - Master These 7 Lessons On Getting Rich After seeing the recommendation to read the book, The Richest  Man In Babylon by George S. Clason, for likely the hundredth  time, I finally did it. Now I wonder what took me so long! So now I make the recommendation to you. If you have not read this book, don't wait. It is easy to read and the insights on wealth, business, work, and life are invaluable.  You can download a copy for free:  The Richest Man In Babylon The book outlines a 7 step repeatable process, that anyone can  learn and follow to build wealth. Here's a brief overview of the lessons shared:  7 Lessons On Getting Rich  1. " Start thy purse to fattening."  Pay yourself first.  2. "Control thy expenditures."  Live wit

Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First - Episode 254/These 55 Quotes Will Keep You A Head Ahead Of Others

Saturday                        26th May 2018 Morning Vibes With Dr. Jerry - the First Hello and welcome to #MorningVibesWithDrJerryTheFirst-Episode 254 Title:           These 55 Quotes Will Keep You A Head Ahead Of Others   “Those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind” – attributed to Dr. Seuss and FDR presidential advisor Bernard Baruch “There’s no right way to do the wrong thing” – Unknown. “If you don’t ask, the answer’s always no” – Pat Croce “I can play the music, but I can’t make everybody dance.” “I like to read the actual papers because you see stuff you’re not looking for. “ Mayor Bloomberg “Most people are going to swear by you, some are going to swear at you.” – Steve’s dad “Be more concerned with your character than what you’re doing.” – John Wooden When Steve Cohen was asked "why he wanted to get into television?" he answered “The gum was losing its flavor.” – Steve Cohen Talking